Best Whole House Water Filter for Well Water | Reviews (2021)
Undoubtedly, Whole house water filters, also known as point-of-entry water filtration systems, have risen in popularity over the years due to their excellent quality products of water.
Drinking clean and safe water is crucial for every human being. A quality water filter of high caliber guarantees the removal of harmful contaminants from water, making it safe for consumption.
You should invest in the best whole house water filter for well water if you are uncertain about the condition of the water you consume.
Best Whole House Filters for Well Water to Buy in the Year 2020
It’s a competent and affordable option that every individual looking to drink clean water from a well should take into account.
The fact that it’s handy in what it does is why everyone is looking to purchase them. Besides producing clean water, the taste of the water is improved by utilizing these water filters.
Additionally, most of these water filters are environmentally friendly compared to other filtering systems, environmentalists and vegans should be pleased with this.
You should look into these filter systems mainly to support your own and family’s well-being.
10 Best Whole House Water Filter for Well Water Reviews
Choosing the most appropriate whole house water filter can be overwhelming; this is because there are so many available filters to select from, and it can be confusing.
If that’s the case for you, don’t worry, we have outlined the whole house water filter reviews to simplify your decision on the best whole house water filter system for you.
Aquasana Whole House Well Water Filter System
Aquasana is a household name; the company has been around for 21 years. They offer a wide range of products as well.
This filter system is high quality and was specifically designed to omit contaminants from water, thus generating clean water that suitable for consumption and household uses.
Its filters are simple to utilize. They can also be re-used. The casing, filter mesh, and other parts are made from biodegradable materials.
Salt-Free Regeneration System
Thus proving that the best whole house water filter for well water is environmentally friendly.
Furthermore, this high-quality water filter system is easy to clean. It’s also a whole house water filter and softener.
This filter mainly focuses on omitting chlorine from well water. It’s able to remove up to 95% of chlorine from water.
As we mentioned earlier, it’s very effective in removing contaminants; we’ll add to the types of pollutants capable of omitting; pesticides, organic compounds, and heavy metals. Additionally, it also includes a salt-free regeneration.
5-10 Years Warranty
Lastly, if you manage to purchase this filter, you will be offered a 10-year warranty on this particular Aquasana filter model.
Nonetheless, they provide the warranty if a professional plumber installs the filtration system. Otherwise, you’ll get a 5-year warranty.
Aquasana also offers conditioning and cleaning services for the filtration system.
- Clean, Great Tasting Water From Every Tap In Your Home – Removes 97% of chlorine, 99. 9% of viruses and bacteria and reduces harmful contaminants like lead, mercury, herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, and more
- High-Performance Well Filter System – Carbon & KDF filtration media combined with UV purifier and Scale Control Media (SCM) salt-free technology engineered to maximize contaminant reduction while leaving healthy minerals in your water. This system will NOT reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Cost Efficient & Long Lasting – Clean water for less than $0. 01 a gallon – Save twice as much compared to other brands on purified water for 500, 000 gallons or 5 years
- Easy Maintenance – No draining or back flushing needed – Easily replace pre and post filters every 3 months for best filtration and flow rate
- Top-Grade Install Kit & Components – System includes filter tank, conditioner tank, 20″ pre-filter, post-filter, brass fittings for 1” or 3/4” pipes, bend supports, and shut-off valves – Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately. Warranty now covers DIY installation
Express Water Whole House Water Filter
There’s no harm in saying it’s one of the most effective whole-house filters accessible on the market.
3-Stage Filter System
It’s mainly beneficial because it consists of a three-stage eliminating system capable of omitting a lot more contaminants, making your water pure and safe for your family’s consumption and household uses.
I mean, who doesn’t want to bath using chlorine-free water? Nobody.
The three filters include the Activated Charcoal Block, which is the left, the Sediment Filter on the right, and the Kinetic Degradation Filter on the center.
It’s quite simple, the ACB and KDF omit harmful chemicals found in well water while the Sediment filter eliminates rust, sand, and dirt from the water.
This filter only takes 30 minutes to produce clean water.
Stainless Steel Frame
This filtration system comes with a stainless steel frame that safeguards the filters. It’s effortless to install this particular filter, and the maintenance of the filter won’t necessarily give you a hard time.
It consists of a transparent housing that makes it easy for you to keep track of your system. Whenever it’s time to replace it, you’ll be aware.
- Whole House Water Filter: Reduce harmful impurities and dangerous heavy metals from your entire home’s water with Express Water’s 3 Stage Heavy Metal Water Filtration System. Heavy Metal Water Filter: Drink the healthiest water on Earth as your home water filter reduces over 80 different impurities from your water
- Express Water’s water filtration systems are ready to install with 1” inch standard connections. Easy to Replace Water Filter Cartridges: All Express Water whole house water filter replacement cartridges are designed for quick and easy replacement to keep your system up and running.
- Durable Whole House Water Filter: Express Water Whole Home Water Filtration Systems are constructed with standing stainless-steel frames for long term durability and quality.
- On Demand Support: Support from experts who can answer any of your questions about your new home water filter. Quality Guaranteed: Rest easy with our 1-year warranty on all Express Water Whole Home Water Systems
- Please be informed – this whole house system is installed at the main water supply line for the purpose of treating all incoming water in your home or business. Unlike reverse osmosis systems, this system will NOT reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS). If you are searching for a filter that reduces TDS, see our Express Water Reverse Osmosis systems.
iSpring Whole House Water Filtration System
The iSpring whole house water filtration system is very efficient in removing contaminants from well-water, offering you and your family pure and clean water to consume.
15 GPM Flow Rate
The filter is quite powerful and capable of removing 95% of pollutants such as sediment, chlorine, herbicides, rust, pesticides, and many more unwanted components that may be found in well water.
3-Stage Filtration System
It consists of a three-stage filtration system that thoroughly gets rid of harmful components.
The first stage filter can get rid of large particles such as silt, rust, or any harmful large particles not suitable for human consumption.
Additionally, while the 1st stage filter works at removing large particles, it’s also ensuring an extended life for the rest of the filters.
The second and third filters thoroughly remove more unwanted components such as fungi, viruses, bacteria, and so much more.
One of these filtration systems has 100,000 gallon capacity that’s efficient in eliminating harmful components.
This filtration system is people’s favorite because it doesn’t have numerous downsides. It’s effortless to utilize and maintain. Lastly, it’s simple to clean, as well.
- Protect Your Family and Household Appliance from Sediment, Chlorine, and More: Say goodbye to smelly, bad tasting water! Our system removes up to 99% of chlorine from water as well as up to 95% of sediment, rust, pesticides, herbicides, industrial solvents, VOCs, and various other contaminants. This system is installed at the main water supply line in order to treat all the water in your home.
- DIY Installation and Maintenance: Refer to our manual and our helpful YouTube videos for easy DIY installation. With 1” NPT inlet / outlet and 20” x 4.5” filter cartridges, the system has minimum impact on water flow (up to 15 GPM) and requires minimum maintenance.
- Top-Notch Quality: The first stage high capacity polypropylene sediment filter is able to achieve filtration down to 5 microns. The second and third stage CTO Carbon Block filters are made of high quality coconut shell carbon for maximum filtration efficiency and filter life. Both are tested by an independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI standards. The system has a capacity of 100,000 gallons of water, enough to supply a family of four with clean water for a full year.
- Peace of Mind Customer Service: Register online to activate your extended manufacturer warranty and life-time free tech support from U.S. local support team. We stand behind our products and if you encounter any problems with any of our products please reach out to us immediately. We are happy to help!
- Please Note: Unlike an RO system, this system will NOT reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), and instead keeps healthy minerals in your water. If you are interested in a filter that removes TDS, consider our iSpring Reverse Osmosis (RO) systems. The cartridges are individually wrapped to ensure freshness. Please unwrap the cartridges before use.
Home Master Whole House Water Filtration System
It consists of the same filtration systems as the products we’ve previously reviewed due to its three-stage filtration system.
Large Filter Housing
Nonetheless, let’s dig deeper into this filtration system to determine whether it’s the best whole house water filter for well water that’s most appropriate for you and your family.
The home master house three-stage water filtration system is efficient in removing harmful components from water. Furthermore, it’s elementary to utilize, clean, and maintain.
Multi-Gradient Sediments Filters
It provides a 15 gallon per minute high flow rate that enables an excellent pressure performance.
Moreover, it consists of a coconut shell carbon filter capable of producing clean water up to 95,000 gallons a year for you and your family before it has to be renewed.
Lastly, it ensures to remove chlorine and odor from the water enabling your family to consume clean water.
- Great for well water; for city water, consider model #HMF2SmgCC
- Massive filter housings with 1-inch ports for the strongest water pressure possible – up to 15-gallon per minute
- Multi gradient density replaceable sediment filter produces finer filtration and greater dirt holding capacity; filtration down to 1 micron
- Excellent purification removes up to 95% of iron, manganese, sediment, chemicals and other contaminants that create foul tastes and odors up to 3 PPM combined load
- Oversize filters improve flow rate and reduce maintenance frequency
Culligan Whole House Water Filtration System
Investing in this filtration system could turn out to be very profitable for your household. The filter isn’t necessarily a large size; nonetheless, it’s handy in its job.
Tested and Certified by WQA
It’s very affordable, thus saving you some money that you’d spend while purchasing an expensive filter instead. Let’s sort through a detailed review of what this baby does.
The Culligan WH-HD200-C Whole House Heavy Duty Water Filtration System is diverse in what it offers its customers.
Built in Bypass Valves
Firstly, it consists of inlet and outlet connectors essential in connecting the filter to the house, thus making tap water, shower water, etc. clean and pure.
Moreover, this filtration system ought to remove all unwanted components from well-water.
Utilizes Battery Power
Additionally, this filtration system works through batteries; this is advantageous whenever the lights are out.
It will continuously keep providing your household with clean and safe water for daily consumption and chores.
Whenever the battery dies out, it’s straightforward to replace. The Culligan filtration system is secure to install, easy to clean and utilize as well.
- Whole house water filtration system with 1″ stainless steel reinforced inlet/outlet connectors
- Perfect for residential homes, helps protect appliances and pluming from sediment and scale
- Features bypass shut off valve, integrated bracket design and battery operated filter change timer
- Reduces: sediment, rust, scale, dirt, coarse sand, sand, fine sand, silt, bad taste, odor, aesthetic chlorine taste and odor (depending on filter cartridge)
- The WH-HD200-C housing has been tested and certified by WQA against NSF/ANSI 372 for low lead compliance, CSA B483.1 and NSF/ANSI 42 for material safety and structural integrity requirements only
GE Whole Home Filtration System
If you are uncertain whether your water is safe for you and your family.
Then the next step would be to sort through a few filtration systems to determine which is the best whole house water filter for well water most suitable for your family’s consumption and household chores.
The GE GXWH40L High Flow Whole Home Filtration System is an excellent choice because it works amazingly.
This filtration system was made to ensure your household is capable of enjoying clean and safe water.
It efficiently provides your house with endless water supply; additionally, it guarantees clean and pure water by removing unwanted components from the water.
Clear Sump with Reminder
This filter has a transparent sump that enables you to keep track of its performance and condition.
Additionally, it’s straightforward to install this system at your home; it’s easy to clean and maintain.
Whenever you need to replace the filter, the reminder on the system reminds you to do so.
- Heavy-duty filtration system: Clear sump allows for easy viewing of filter
- Filters water at the main supply: Install system in basement and/or out of sight. Compatible Pipe Connections-Horizontal only
- Premium filtration: Certified to reduce sediment, scale, dirt and rust in your water, appliances and plumbing fixtures
- Easy installation: Includes 1″ plumbing connection, pressure relief valve, bypass option, mounting bracket and remote filter reminder light for simple installation and filter change
- Three-month life: For best filtration results, filter: FXHTC or FXHSC (not included) should be replaced every three months
Whirlpool WHELJ1 Central Water Filtration System
Whirlpool has always been around for decades; it’s popular in making filtration systems. This particular filtration system has a lifespan of 10 years.
Works on 24 Volts and 60Hz
It’s capable of generating up to 1,000,000 gallons of water; its flow rate is 6 gallons of water per minute.
This product is equipped with a filter sense technology that can remove particles that measure up to 40 microns.
Moreover, it can omit sediments and chlorine from water; it also eliminates the odor and improves the overall water taste.
It consists of an automatic control system that cleans the internal filter after every fourteen days. This product utilizes electricity, just like most of these filtration systems.
Lastly, this filtration system is simple to install; it additionally doesn’t need maintenance.
Nonetheless, you’ll have to get two 1NPT female connectors and additional tubes to utilize while linking the filter to the pipes that will supply the water in the household.
- Never Change A Filter Again: This Central Water Filtration System uses Filter Sense Technology to automatically flush and clean its filter every 14 days. You won’t have to replace the filter for the entire lifetime of the system.
- Unlimited Filtered Home Water: Conveniently maintain your unlimited access to safe and great-tasting purified drinking and cleaning water from any faucet in your home.
- Get Healthy, Contaminant-Free Water: The WHELJ1 whole home system is NSF certified to reduce water contaminants as small as 40 microns, which includes sediment, chlorine and other contaminants.
- Easy Installation: This system comes with a bypass valve that will maintain optimal water pressure throughout your home and is easy to install. Installation guide included. You will need the necessary connectors and enough tubing to connect from the water softener to your existing plumbing, access to 110V electrical outlet, and drain
- 1-Year Full Parts and Labor : This whole house filter system comes with a 3-year on the electronics and 5 years on the tank.
DuPont WFPF13003B Universal Whole House Filtration System
If you opt for DuPont WFPF13003B, you should know that it’s capable of meeting your household needs.
This filtration system is designed to omit all unwanted components from your water supply effectively.
Its pressure is technically lower than that of other filtration systems; nonetheless, it’s very competent and efficient.
This filtration system offers you a choice of adding a UV purifier for additional water purification. Its installation is straightforward.
10-Inch Micron Filter
Furthermore, it’s also simple to utilize at home. It also ensures your family is consuming safe and clean water. Additionally, it omits the order and improves the taste of the water.
Its flow rate is 5 gallons per minute; this implies that it can continuously provide up to 15000 gallons of water.
Certified customers enjoy a 3-year warranty; this guarantees that the brand values it’s customers’ investments, and there’s certainly nothing to be concerned about once you purchase this filtration system.
Lastly, it’s the best UV whole house water filter.
- Filters Up To 15,000-Gallon For Home or Office
- Features Universal 500 Series Poly Block Cartridge
- Standard System has 3/4 in. inlets and outlets.
- Improves Clarity and Taste of Incoming Water, Also Protects At The Kitchen Tap
- 3-Year Limited Warranty.
APEC 3-Stage Whole House Water Filter System
The APEC 3-Stage Whole House Water Filter System has one of the best whole house water filter reviews on amazon with 4-star or 5-star ratings.
Purifies Particles Such As Silt, Sand, etc.
It’s a three-stage filtration system meaning the water gets filters three different times until it’s clean and safe for human consumption.
You should install this filtration system near your home to ensure that your taps pour pure and healthy water.
Comes with Assembled Body
Moreover, this filtration system has already been put together to make it easy for you to utilize it. You can easily install it all or your own.
Additionally, it filters 100,000 gallons of water, so you don’t need to be concerned about the supply of water to your household.
- 3-Stage whole house water filter system effectively removes Chlorine, Dirt, Sand, Silt, Rust, Odors, VOCs and much more
- This point-of-entry system is installed at the main water supply line to deliver clean and healthy water for washing, bathing and cooking
- 1st stage pleated sediment filter is washable and reusable for extended life service and exceptional dirt holding capacity; 2nd stage sediment and carbon 2-in-1 filter delivers chlorine-free water; 3rd stage carbon block filter further removes taste, odor and other contaminants
- Pre-assembled complete system is ready to mount, providing unlimited filtered water throughout the entire home for many years to come
- Filter up to 100, 000 gallons of water before changing the cartridges
Geek Pure 2 Stage Whole House Water Filter System
You should install this water filter system at your main house’s supplier to ensure you are supplied with clean and pure water. This one is very affordable also.
Nonetheless, it’s effective at its job. If that’s your case, we suggest you should take this filter system into account.
2-Stage Filter System
The Geek Pure 2 Stage Whole House Water Filter System is a two-stage filtration system.
That means that water is passed through two filter stages to guarantee the removal of all unwanted components, ensuring safe and clean water for your family’s consumption and household utilities.
Carbon Block & PP Spun Filter
The first stage, known as the PP Sediment, omits all the silt or other undissolved particles.
The different filter is called the Carbon Block Filter, which is useful in removing chlorine, weird taste, and odor, ensuring the water is purified.
This water filter system is straightforward to use, maintain, and clean as well.
- 2 Stage Whole House Water Filtration System with 5 Micron PP Sediment and Carbon Block Filter ,2 x blue housing 1″NPT brass port ,2 x plastic wrench,2 bags screws
- PURE-It is Installed at the main water supply and produce pure water for your entire home. Enjoy better water from every tap and every appliance in the whole house
- FUNCTION-PP Sediment is used to remove silt, sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved particles, The PP filter display different color and tracks the life time as you use,It is time to replace a new one when it is dark yellow or brown.Carbon block filter is used to remove chlorine, taste & odors, very fine particulates
- HIGH QUALITY-Fits NSF standard,Large capacity housing for high flow applications
- LIFE TIME:6-12 months or 100K gallons water.Flow rate : 5-15 GPM (Depend on Feed Water Pressure)
What is well water?
In Layman’s terms, well water is untreated groundwater. A well is a structure that is made to generate groundwater to a house for consumption.
Technically, what happens is that a hole is dug, once it creates water, a pipe connects the well water to a house supplying the house with water.
Wells have been accessible to human beings for a lot of years. Human beings have been using wells over centuries; they’re an effective way of acquiring water for your household utilities.
A well is capable of lasting 30 to 50 years; nonetheless, well’s lifespan depends on numerous factors. On the other hand, well pumps last for 10-years.
Hard water vs. Soft water
Hard water is water that contains various dissolved minerals, whereas Soft water is water that is already treated; additionally, the only ion in soft water is sodium.
The simplest way to understand hard water is by seeing it from this perspective when rain falls from the sky; it’s soft water.
However, as it runs through the earth’s surfaces, it becomes hard water to collect minerals such as magnesium and calcium. It also picks up dust, chalk, and many more.
Hard water consists of calcium and magnesium; therefore, when these minerals react with soap, it doesn’t lather, this means that more soap will be needed.
Moreover, hard water is harmful to appliances as well; this is because it forms scale.
The scale is a cream or off-white solid that’s found on solid surfaces. Scale makes it hard for water to pass through pipes.
Additionally, it leaves white spots on utensils while dry. It also leaves a white layer inside your kettle.
This is the most disgusting of all hard water problems but this scum. If you’re not careful can float around your coffee or tea due to the layer in your kettle.
Hard water is a problem, and the only solution is to purify it.
Soft water, on the other hand, as explained earlier, is treated water. This water is efficient for household chores because soap dissolves in it very first, forming a lather.
Soft water also cost-efficient using soft water because you don’t have to waste your soap while doing chores in the house. Utensils will look cleaner as well. The kettles will be scum-free.
Furthermore, utilizing soft water instead of hard water prolongs kitchen appliances and even outdoor appliances such as pipes. The energy bill will drastically decrease.
Switching to using soft water instead of hard water is something everyone ought to consider; that’s if they want to live a healthy and affordable lifestyle.
Also, don’t forget to check my article on Hard Water and Soft Water here.
What is a Whole House Water Filter?
Most whole house water filters work almost similarly. It’s also known as the Point-of-entry filtration system.
The name Point of entry is true to itself; it’s called POE because the filter system is installed near your home to ensure your house is supplied with clean water.
Let’s go back to answering the question: what is a Whole House Water Filter?
Whole House Water Filter is a filtration system that effectively removes all the unwanted components from the water, making it clean and safe for human consumption and household utilities.
This water is, later on, supplied all-around your house, ready to be consumed.
Even though most whole house water filters work for almost similar results, working might be different. Some have a three-stage filter system, while others two and so on.
We’ll cover each stage.
The first stage is known as the Sediment Pre-Filtration, which blocks large particles such as silt, clay, sand, dirt, debris, and more. This step is also crucial in elongating the filtration system’s lifespan.
Additionally, another process known as the Micron Filter occurs during stage one.
This stage is designed to block particles 5 microns or over up to 90%. These filters work like a sieve, preventing these particles from reaching your tap water and ensuring that your water is clean and safe for your family’s consumption.
The second stage is Mineral Filtration; this process guarantees unwanted components such as fungi, bacteria, mineral salts such as calcium and magnesium, etc. don’t make it to your house.
The third stage is Activated Carbon Filtration; the activated carbon absorbs unwanted contaminants in the water, thus removing them from water.
Thus, ensures that the water is pure, tasty, and odorless.
Types of Drinking Water Contaminants
Drinking water is vital for every living being; plants additionally need water to survive as well. Finding pure water can be difficult.
Whenever water flows through its natural source, it collects substances such as minerals, dirt, fungi, and pesticides. It manages to dissolve these substances, which are unwanted components.
There are four types of water contaminants, listed as:
- Chemical Components
- Physical Components
- Biological Components and
- Radiological Contaminants
Nitrates are among the most common contaminants found in water; they are commonly found in manures, fertilizers, and liquid waste.
In a case whereby the nitrogen in fertilizers is carried off and ends up in groundwater, it transforms into nitrates. Drinking water that contains nitrates is hazardous.
Groundwater carries bacteria at some point; these bacteria can cause diseases that are capable of leading to the death of human beings; small children shouldn’t be exposed to water with bacteria.
Arsenic is another contaminant that can be found in groundwater; this product is dangerous even if you’ll only drink it for a short while.
Fluoride is a big issue in water, and in vast amounts, it’s capable of causing tooth stains. It’s capable of weakening the skeletal system as well.
Aluminum can also be added to this list; it’s naturally found from air, soil, and water, making it easy to dissolve. Exposure to aluminum in water has been connected to diseases like dementia.
Standard Whole House Water Filter Features
Their flow rate varies from 15-40 GPM; this leans on individual flow rates, and total fixture counts, the lifespan of a filter depends on the level of contaminants, flow rates, and the type of filter.
The smallest port size of the whole house water filter system should be 1″ to avoid pressure from dropping.
Most of them have a multi-stage filtration system, such as the three-stage water filtration system or the two-stage filtration system.
The three-stage uses three filters to filter out unwanted contaminants thoroughly.
The two-stage filtration system on the hand utilizes two filters to guarantee clean water free from contaminants.
Why a Whole House Water Filter System Is a Necessity?
All human beings must be able to access clean and safe water for consumption. It might have been a luxury over the past years, but every individual must have access to it.
Because how clean your well water seems to be, it has contaminants, and you ought to find the best whole house water filter and softener combo if the water is hard water that’s difficult to work with.
A whole house water filter system is necessary mainly because it can provide your family with clean and safe water for consumption and household utilities.
Most water is contaminated with salt, minerals, sand, dirt, bacteria, virus, fungi, chlorine, and so many additional unwanted components.
This is why you need a water filter to get rid of the undesirable elements for the well-being of your family.
An excellent water filtration system can omit chlorine from well water, thus improving the water’s taste and odor. When the water has numerous minerals, it’s considered to be hard water.
When the water you are utilizing for household chores and consumption is hard, you should be worried because the results won’t be right.
Hard water can cause teeth stains due to fluoride; it can cause stains on utensils and scum on pipes.
Whenever you try to do laundry, you’ll have to add more unnecessary soap because it won’t quickly lather with the hard water.
This can cause an increase in your bills; to avoid this, a whole house water filter and softener combo are advisable.
Also, don’t forget to check my article on Best Bottom Loading Water Dispenser here.
How Does a Whole Home Water Filter Work?
Most whole house filtration systems have a multi-stage system that guarantees up to 99% removal of contaminants.
The first stage is Sediment Filtration; what occurs in this stage is that the large particles such as salt, sand, and dirt are sieved not to pass through with water.
This stage is essential in elongating the lifespan of a water filter.
The second stage is Kinetic Degradation Fluxion, which eliminates heavy metals and chlorine by exchanging them with components that aren’t dangerous.
The third stage is Activation Carbon Filtration; what happens in this stage is that the remaining contaminants are absorbed to ensure 99% of the pollutants are omitted to make the water safe for consumption.
Whole House Water Filter Systems Installation & Maintenance
You should know how to install and maintain a whole house water filter system so that you’ll install it efficiently when you purchase one.
Let’s sort through how to install a whole house water filter.
How to Install Whole House Water Filter?
First, you need to know that it has to be installed at a point of entry, a place where the filter can supply the water all over the house.
Once you determine the best whole house water filter cartridge, you are set to start the installation.
Step by Step Installation Process
|1||Begin by turning off the main water supply and opening all fixtures and faucets, discharge as much water as viable from the pipes, and finally opening the draw-off valve close to the primary water supply pipe.|
|2||Decide where you want the pre-filter if you can affix part of plywood to secure the filter bracket.|
|3||Cut into the primary supply pipe by utilizing a tube cutter.|
|4||Clean, affix flux and connect the adapter fittings into the filter housing to guarantee the filter is far from heat. Once cool, utilizing thread sealing tape solder adapter fittings to the filter housing.|
|5||Clean, flux, go on and dry-fit the rest of the connections. Add a shutoff valve that will work as a bypass, letting water in and out and T fittings that will allow water in and out of the filtration system.|
|6||Once you’ve made all these connections, you can turn on the water; nonetheless, you should check for any leakage.|
|7||To turn on the Carbon filter, follow the manual instructions.|
How Do You Change a Whole House Water Filter?
You’ll need protection wear such as goggles to prevent water from getting in your eye and gloves. Additionally, you’ll need a bucket to avoid any water from spilling on the floor.
Step by Step
|1||Begin by turning off the main water supply and releasing the pressure.|
|2||Remove the O-ring, clean and tidy it up; if it’s in bad shape, you’ll need a replacement.|
|3||Remove the old water filter and throw it away, nonetheless, be sure to dispose of it correctly. The next step is to clean and dry the housing.|
|4||Apply lubricant of your choice on the O-ring; this will guarantee it sits well in the casing. After lubricating with preferably, silicone lubrication put it back in the housing.|
|5||Purchase and install a new water filter of your choice back to the casing.|
|6||Alter the housing with the filter cartridge by fixing to the cap manually.|
|7||Do a pressure test by turning on the switch.|
The Best Whole House Water Filter Cartridge
If you want complete protection, you need to get the best whole house filter cartridge and the best whole house water filter system.
If you opt for this, it will guarantee the water your family consumes is free from chemicals.
The best filter cartridge is the Pureplus Whole House Sediment Water Filter Cartridge. This filter is capable of making sure the water you’re drinking is safe and pure.
Water can have heavy metals dissolved in it, such as lead, but this filter is the best whole house water filter for lead removal and many more. It has a high capacity of 15,000 gallons and a flow rate of 5GPM.
You should look into this if you need an efficient water filter cartridge.
- ❄️ 【Recognized Certification】 Food Grade Material Meets European EC1935-2004 Regulations, Australia Water Mark, TUV, ROHS, REACH, BPA FREE Certified. This kind of filter is recommended for tap water filtration. If your water source is well water, this filter may not achieve the filtering effect you expect.
- ❄️【Multi-Layer Density Tech】The whole house water filter is designed with density three PP layers to remove most particle and sediments. The inner layer is Absolute 5 micron; the middle layer is nominal 7 micron; while the outer layer is nominal 10 micron. The multi-layer density tech can capture impurities targetedly and have 30% longer service life than the other common type.
- ❄️【High Capacity】The 5 micron water filter 10 x 2.5 inch can filter up to 13000 gallons depending on water quality. Suggest to replace it every 3- 6 months for the average household for optimal performance depending on the use. Let it bring a wonderful cleaner water experience to your loved ones.
- ❄️【Compatible Models】The filter can be used in any standard 10” x2.5” RO Unit whole house filtration system and compatible with standard 10 inch X 2.5 inch filter models of Dupont WFPFC5002, DGD Series, RFC, AP110-NP, AP101S, AP101T,Aqua Pure AP110, AP11S, AP11T, AP12S, AP1610, AP2610, AP51T, SS1-SS12, SS20-SS36, Culligan P5, P5-D, P5A, HF-150, HF-160, HF-360, GE FXUSC, Whirlpool WHKF-DWHV, WHKF-GD05, DuPont WFPFC5002, American Plumber WC34-PR and fits GE reverse osmosis filter systems.
- ❄️【Why PUREPLUS】PUREPLUS has 20 years of expertise and 200 patents in the water filtration industry. Every year it provides filtration solutions to more than 200 million family worldwide, uses advanced filtration technology to ensure high quality water. Trust us, make PUREPLUS your resolution.
To determine which whole house water filter system is most suitable for you, you should sort through various factors before making a smart and informed decision.
This tactic will guarantee you’ll acquire the best whole house water filter for well water at the best value.
Let’s cover these varying factors to ensure you’re getting a filtration system that will offer you and your family clean and pure water for the best price.
Selecting a Whole House Water Filter – What to Look For?
The first thing you should do before deciding which whole house water filter will be most appropriate for you is to analyze water flow.
A big house with vast household utilities needs a high water supply while a smaller home with few household utilities can do without a high water supply.
Nonetheless, if you have a small house, you can still opt for a whole house water filter that supplies a lot of water if you can afford it.
Different filters can get rid of contaminants that differ; you should check the type of pollutants available in your groundwater, this will inform you what contaminants you’ll need to get rid of and which filter to settle on.
Sometimes, the water has too much mineral composition making it hard water that’s difficult to work with; if this is your case, then you might need a whole house water filter and softener.
You should sort through the costs as well. If you can’t afford an utterly expensive filtration system, don’t worry, there are inexpensive alternatives on the market for you to pick from.
You should also look at the whole house water filter reviews; this gives you the information you require to make a smart decision on which the whole house filtration system is most suitable.
Additionally, you need to look at how long a water filter will be able to last.
Replacing can be expensive and tedious, sometimes you just need a filtration system that will be able to last a very long time offering you clean and safe water for consumption and household utilities.
The warranty is outstanding because it safeguards your money; if a filter you bought didn’t do as promised, you could always exchange it.
What Type of Whole House Water Filter Do I Need?
Whenever deciding which whole house water filter is most suitable for you to pick, you need to ask yourself this question —
Your water filter needs to tend to all your water needs. You can start by listing down what you need from a water filter.
Different individuals have different necessities; you should be able to answer this question all on their own without comparing.
For instance, you might be part of an extended family living together, and you live in a rural area. The most common contaminant in rural areas is nitrates.
First, you’ll purchase a water filter that will cover every family member’s usage; additionally, the water filter has to get rid of the nitrates, mostly the problem and other contaminants.
You need to analyze your situation and narrow down to your needs; after this, it should be easy selecting a filtration system.
Filter longevity is a factor you need to consider before purchasing a water filter to know what type of filter you need in your household.
The lifespan of your filter can contribute to how often you need to maintain them.
On average, a filtration system can generate about 100,000 gallons of water.
Nonetheless, you can choose a system that can produce 1,000,000 gallons of water depending on the amount of water supply your household needs.
The amount of water supply your household required should correspond with the whole house water filter system you settle on.
You can choose an inexpensive filter if you feel like you don’t need a high water supply.
However, if you’ve got numerous household utilities, you’ll probably need a high amount of water, and this means that you may regularly need to maintain the inexpensive filter.
On the other hand, you can opt to invest in a filter with a long lifespan, which could last you some years.
Nonetheless, this filter can clog up due to the high water supply; this is why every individual anticipating purchasing a whole house water filter ought to determine the filter’s longevity with the amount of water supply you need in your household.
A micron equals 1000 millimeters, due to their tiny size, you need to select the appropriate scale.
A variety of the best whole house water filter systems that are relatively expensive can cover 0.35-micron particles.
Depending on your water contamination level, you’ll need to choose a filter capable of comprising the particles. If your water isn’t too contaminated, then a 1-micron filter will do the job.
Does it meet NSF Standards?
As we mentioned previously, there are few factors you ought to consider before choosing a filter.
Numerous brands are hoping to sell you their water filters; however, whether they meet NSF standards should be a factor that determines whether you’ll purchase them or not.
You need to select a whole house water filter that has been independently tested and certified by NSF international.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Does a whole house water filter reduce water pressure?
The answer is yes, treated water moves slower than untreated water; this is because the restricted flow is beneficial for a water filtration system. It enables it to trap harmful contaminants from the water.
Furthermore, due to many unwanted components being trapped, you’ll need to change your filter sooner.
How much does it cost to install a Whole House Water Filtration System?
The answer differs, it’s quite simple to install a whole house water filtration system all on your own, you just need to read and understand the manual with instructions. If you do this, it won’t cost you much.
However, you can opt for a professional plumber, and this will range between $750 to $3500 depending on the plumber’s rates.
How do I know if my water filter is working?
Well, first, the pressure of the water will be much slower. Second, odd noises will be generated from faucets and drainers.
Third, you can just check from the filter because some filters are equipped with lights that turn on only if the filter isn’t working. Fourth, if the water has a bad taste and odor.
Can bacteria grow in water filters?
Water filters that you affix on your faucet are capable of sieving heavy metals but not bacteria; this implies that it is very much capable for bacteria to grow in water filters.
If you want to take care of this issue, there is a solution; whenever you purchase these filters, just make sure it’s bacteriostatic.
What type of filter removes viruses?
The Carbon filter is capable of emitting chemical contaminants such as viruses and so much more, for example, bacteria, fungi, heavy metals, etc.
Is it bad for health to drink reverse osmosis water?
Well, it’s not safe enough for humans to consume this is because as much as we need the harmful minerals removed, we still need useful minerals to maintain good health.
Reverse osmosis water, on the other hand, doesn’t have minerals. It’s not safe for the environment as well.
Also, don’t forget to check my article Reverse Osmosis Vs. Water Softener Here.
Utilizing a whole house water filter system is a necessity and should never be overlooked.
Every individual needs access to clean, pure, and safe water for consumption and household utilities. Due to a lot of options to select from, we did our reviews to assist you in making that decision.
A whole house filter system has many advantages, but the most important one is supporting our family’s health.
If you anticipate purchasing a whole house filter, we hope this will be of help to you. If you aren’t sure, you need to consider these filters as they are a good investment for your well-being.